Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Champagne is great for all occasions ...

This past weekend was one of beginnings and endings. On Saturday we toasted Danielle and Christian’s upcoming wedding with Dee’s bridal shower at The Knoll Country club in Jersey – girl made out like a bandit with every possible home accessory you could dream of! It really was a great surprise for her, and all of us, as we reunited with friends we don’t see enough! We’ve been friends since 5th grade and I still can’t believe she’s getting married, their new life together starts July 24th and I'm happy to be a part of it!

Get a load of these delicious engagement ring cookies Nicole made for us, they were a hit. And like she says, we may never actually have rings this big, but at least we can eat them!


http://www.thedessertmaven.blogspot.com/

Switching gears to the endings part of the weekend, the Lost Series Finale. Roe, Nicole and I popped open a bottle of bubbly to drown our sorrows for a show we all grew to love. The finale was a 2 ½ hour blubber fest, filled with touching flashback montages that really pulled at the heart strings and made me realize how devoted I was to these characters. You couldn’t help but find yourself rooting for (or against) these people as if they were real … my Tuesday nights will surely feel an emptiness. I urge you to read Doc Jensen’s weekly recap for this episode. It became a tradition in my week, after watching the show, I would read the 12 page recaps to help wrap my mind around whatever crazy theory the show threw our way. I’ll miss that. I will say that I was ultimately really satisfied with the shows ending. Throughout the last few years, so many questions/issues were posed, and while the finale didn’t resolve them all, it really didn’t matter. The show ended on a note of spiritual enlightenment and, I think, left a lot up to interpretation, which the show has had a knack of doing all along. The ending scene came full circle to the first, with Jack closing his eyes lying broken on the ground. Vincent came to his final resting place beside him, and I don’t know of anyone who didn’t choke up seeing that image. Amazing show, and a beautiful ending.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20387946,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment