Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ra-Ra for Ta-Tas!

This past Sunday, my family got together for an American Cancer Society breast cancer walk in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. My Aunt Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and, thankfully, after catching it in a very early stage and undergoing the necessary treatment, she is now cancer free. We walked to support her and everyone who is affected by this awful disease.


I have to give exceptional props to my 83-year-old Grandma, who walked the entire 5K distance, only stopping a few times to rest. Ten years ago she was diagnosed with lymphoma, but remains unbelievably strong - not even the toughest chemo got in her way. I am proud to have such brave women in my family!

A few humorous catchphrases kept the mood of the walk light, here are some that I remember: 1) Ra-Ra for Ta-Tas 2) Save 'em all, big or small 3) T.I.T.S (Together In Tough Situations) 4) Keep 'em bouncin!

No comments:

Post a Comment